Delivery Api giving out Raw data instead of Json for the RichText editor

The Rich text editor in the content model should actually give out data to the api in a json format but the data i am receving is in raw form i tried making a new content model tried adding two rich text field but none the above worked for me
ps: I am trying to make a blog post content model
Below in the Picture the body is the Name of the richtext editor field:

Hi @jay90194,
To represent Rich Text correctly, you need a renderer:

I tried using npm package of contentful to react component render but for that the data passed through api should have Json format but the data i am receiving is in raw format.

1 Like

I am facing the same issue and I could not render with raw type

Hey, Did you find any solution for this ? I am currently using Markdown editor in contentful Which is not the best compared to the rich text editor.

I was having trouble with this until I figured out that I could just put the raw data into JSON.parse() before passing that all into documentToReactComponents()

In the end, it looked like

{documentToReactComponents(
JSON.parse(props.data.contentfulBlogPost.body.raw)
)}

After that, my webpage ended up loading all my body content, yey

I came up with the same solution as above to use JSON.parse(). This worked great for everything except for embedded assets. I cant figure out how to access the nodes for images, would be much easier to figure out why the query is returning raw instead of json in the first place.

2 Likes

im also facing the same issue. How do I fix this. Target.Fields is not available in embedded-asset-block

Me too.

I am trying to get my Gatsby blog off the ground and I am currently having this issue. Running http://localhost:8000/___graphql I only have the option for Raw.

I understand I also need the Rich Text renderer that’s fine, but I need JSON to work in the query and that’s just not happening…

@kevinbellock: you are spot on — need to get that JSON!

Really don’t want to go down the JSON.parse() road as it looks like that’s not ideal based on Kevin’s experience.

Anybody?

@jay90194 - are you using Gatsby to query Contentful. If so, you’re probably using the gatsby-source-contentful plugin which now returns raw instead of json.

Here’s a good post on how to query data using the gatsby-source-contentful plugin.

You need to query images and embedded objects differently too but you can get these included in the graphQL payload.