Contentful logo

Contentful Community

How does Contentful help with SEO

seo

How can I optimize Contentful for SEO? Any SEO features? I need to build a business case for SEO capabilities and recommendation of having an audit and recommendations prior to CMS implementation.

0 Likes

Hey @isha!

Search engines being way smarter these days than they used to be :slight_smile: The best SEO there is – the content itself. That being said, Contentful can be used to manage seo-related metadata such as html page keywords, meta:description and even urls. They just need to be modelled as fields and filled out by the editors. Then the frontend code can simply pull in and display that information.

Feel free to ping me if you need more help with your case.

0 Likes

Hi @andrey

Still on the subject of SEO: My blog on Contentful displays only the domain name in the page title (the title that comes up on the tag) instead of the actual blog post title. How do I fix that?

Thanks,
Nada

0 Likes

Hi @subs,

The key here would be to create or use a field in your content model(e.g. websitetitle) and then retrieve that in your <title> HTML property of your website.

0 Likes

How do you create these fields? and what do you need to put in them to create meta data/tags?

0 Likes

@sophie You can create them as you would with other content model fields. You can use a combination of short-text and long-text fields and name them appropriately for each SEO property that would be utilized in your website.

0 Likes

I have never created content fields before or popped in SEO properties etc is there a tutorial/video we can watch or something to learn how to do this?

0 Likes

We don’t have a specific video on this, but you can think about in terms of how you’d normally structure SEO properties in a simple HTML code.
Google has several great articles on this:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35624?hl=en
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/79812?hl=en
The key here would be to create appropriate short-text and long-text fields in Contentful for each of the properties that you’d tie to your HTML code.

0 Likes

Hi,

Is Contentful compatible with any SEO plugin such as Yoast?

Thanks,
Caroline

0 Likes

Hi Caroline,

We don’t have a plugin analogous to Yoast SEO but you can easily achieve that by doing what we previously mentioned (creating a content model that can hold these SEO properties and be used in your pages programatically). In practice, it’s much simpler than it might seem, and you’d only need to write code to retrieve these in a query.

0 Likes

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for coming back to me. Can Contentful work with any plugins or is it just simply a case of building / mapping the fields?

Thanks,

Caroline Noone

Digital Marketing Manager

Marketing Communications

Tel: 01925 774251

Ext: 2051

SigLogo

Ombudsman Services

3300 Daresbury Park, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4HS

0 Likes

It would be simply the case to build your fieds. We don’t have any plugins to architecture it in a given structure.

0 Likes