Issues Identifying Shopify Variants

Hi There,

I have been using the Shopify App which is great. One issue I have is that a content creator has no way of identifying the Shopify variant they are selecting because it only shows the title and an image (in my case, there are size variants which have the same image, so the image can’t be used to identify the variant, nor should it in my opinion). I have attached a screenshot which illustrates my problem.

Is there a way to show more details such as the variant options?

Here is a screenshot where you select a variant.

Hi,

That’s a good feedback, and indeed an issue. The Shopify app (as well as all other marketplace apps) is open source, could you maybe submit an issue/PR about it?

Thanks @ante.sepic I’ll take a look!

Hi @chrisvince - just wondering if you managed to submit and issue/PR. We have a similar issue. I’d also like to know what the long alphanumeric text is under the product title. We would like for this to display the vendor is possible.

@ante.sepic I looked where to submit an issue/PR but got a little lost in Github (I’m a business stakeholder so found this a little confusing)

Also I notice that you can only select products to add to contentful if they are Active and Available in the correct channel - however we want to be able to preview before we push things live. Is it possible to add products in Contentful when they are still in Draft in Shopify?