Restricting images selection

I need to generate a content model which can link an image among a restricted group.
A content editor could update the list of possible images, and, when he adds a new entry for the content model, he may select one of those pictures. A real world example could be representing a set of appointments, categorized per type, and each type has its own (customizabile) image. We could have fun, study and work appointments. How do I create the categories?
The only solution I can think of is creating a new content model with just the images, and restrict the appointments by that content model, but would the overhead and the redundancy make sense, if I just needed the images with (name but) no metadata?
I was thinking of some “lighter” solution like images with some tag…
How would you do design it?

“The only solution I can think of is creating a new content model with just the images, and restrict the appointments by that content model, but would the overhead and the redundancy make sense, if I just needed the images with (name but) no metadata?”

I think that makes perfect sense, and I can’t really think of any other way you could create a limited selection of “appointment type images” and restrict the use of any other images.

Even if you don’t actually use the metadata, you need it for the editors to know what kind of image they can expect when they choose it.

The “appointment type” content model could be something simple, like:

• string Title, “Fun appointment”
  • asset Image, :partying_face:

The “appointment” content model could then be something like this:

• string Title, “Office Party”
  • reference Appointment Type, reference to “Fun appointment”

Hi @bjarte , thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:
Yeah, at the end I implemented that solution…