Versioning not working consistently?

Hi,

maybe it’s me doing and understanding things incorrect. But we maintain our content via the web ui and on some “simple documents” we do have versions listed on the right side pane. In other spaces (same account) and similar simple documents we do not have those versions listed. It just simply says:

There are no previous versions because you haven’t made changes to this entry yet. As soon as you publish changes, you’ll be able to compare different versions.

But this is not right as this document is created 2015 and changed 165 times meanwhile - at least when I look into Info.
Am I wrong here?

best,
Uwe

Hi @uwe.tarkus,

Have you actually published these changed, or is your entry still maintain pending changes, as the following image?

In the end of the day, in order for the UI to be able to manage versions, you need to actually publish each change in your entry.

Hmm, OK, you are right, it is still pending changes. Was expecting to be able to see the last published versions than only instead.

Unfortunately, there’s not a way to change that behaviour and you’d indeed have to publish these entries.

If you’d like to explore this in a little bit more detail, although it’s not the same implementation, I’d also suggest you to take a look at the snapshots endpoint of our Management API.

Let me know if you have any other questions.