Zapier automation

I am looking to add a non-technical solution into adding some automation in content creation into Contentful with Zapier. The possibilities here are fantastic, however I have only been able to manage to add the simple stuff such as texts and dates.

When I try to add something like an author or tag to the content (which are referenced content-types) it says that the value is expecting an object. I tried it with a Content name or with the entry-ID, but I keep getting the same message.

Anything I might be missing, or is it even possible?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,
I also have problem with the creation of entries with Zapier. I try to post new Instagram photos into a new entry, but I can’t find a way to set the image field. I get this error: “The type of “value” is incorrect, expected type: Object”.

I tried to create an image from an url and from an asset ID and as a json object but neither of them worked. For the moment I get the url of the image to put it in my src but I would prefer been able to use contentful image api for responsive purpose.

Can we use the image field with zapier?

Thank you.

Hi all,

We have had some problems with our Zapier integration and it would be great if you could send us more specific details to our customer support engineers in here.

Hi @gabriel - I’ve experienced the same issue as @iamthewutang in the past. Has there been any progress on this?

Cheers!

Hi Dave,

I looked into this with Zapier and Contentful support. The conclusion was:

As of right now, there is no functionality to allow creating a reference from one field to another entry unfortunately. There are no plans at the moment to extend the Zapier integration to support this functionality especially for the small amount of requests that we had thus far.

That being the case, in order for you to overcome this issue, do you think it would be possible for you to abstain from using the Zapier integration directly, and instead use our SDKs in order to programmatically recreate the content?

So, we have to work around it.

cheers,

Hendrik

Hello everybody, FYI: unfortunately, we’re not supporting the Zapier integration anymore. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.