How do I actually open a "Page Extension"?

So, I am trying to develop a page extension, but I can’t find a decent way to actually open it. Ideally, I would like to have it as a link in Contentful’s main navbar or maybe open it from somewhere in Apps ? . But so far, I was able to only add this extension as a sidebar to entry and open it from there.

Is there a way for me to add it to some prominent place of the app (i.e. for a user not to go all way to some Entry with sidebar and open it from there? )?

1 Like

Hey there! We are considering to enable this kind of functionality in our web app. Could you tell me a bit more about what your desired use case would be for this? Thank you!

@fabians in our app we rely heavily on using JSONs (objects I guess it’s called in CF). And the problem that we’re trying to solve is that we need to be able to search through those JSONs and find some content based on query. As contentful’s search doesn’t search in JSONs we need to extend these kind of functionality - therefore I am building a search extension that we also includes JSONs in the search results -> therefore I need a page extension for that :slight_smile:

@bluemovement We have added this functionality starting today to our App Framework! :tada:
You can now add a link to the page location of your app to the main navigation.