Jekyll gem suddenly stopped working?

Hello, I hope this is a place to ask technical questions. I am working on a website that uses contentful API to get the JSOn to Jekyll’s _data. I’ve been working with sample data for development, now that I made some changes in the model I need to download new data and suddenly, it does not work. There have been no changes in the jekyll other than frontend development since the last time I imported data from contentful but all of a sudden bundle exec jekyll contentful fails with fatal: 'jekyll contenful' could not be found. You may need to install the jekyll-contenful gem or a related gem to be able to use this subcommand.

What I’ve done:

• bundle update
  • bundle install
  • gem install jekyll-contentful-data-import
  • checked the gem jekyll-contentful-data-import is in Gemfile
  • source ~/.bashrc

It just will not work. I am using this gem: https://github.com/contentful/jekyll-contentful-data-import and nobody seems to have issues with anything other than one person that uses custom mapping which I am not using so I am trying it on the contentful end. If anyone has any idea please help :frowning:

edit: it was a problem of the gem. it got solved by adding gem ‘contentful_bootstrap’

Hi @jmth,

I’m glad you were able to figure it out. Indeed, you’d have to add the gem ‘contentful_bootstrap’ to your file.
Let us know if you have any other questions.